The purpose of users is to define who has access to your Webroster.net database by providing a user ID and password with full or limited access to selected sections via allocation of groups and geographical areas. Any changes only take effect when the user next logs in.
.As standard practice the Webroster.net system is always supplied with one admin level user called User1. Note: User1 is supplied with full Admin access rights to the software. It is strongly recommended that the password is changed immediately on first use. A list of users is visible on the left. You can select the types of users to see in the list and whether to see Active, Inactive or both.
New User – Click to add a new user.
There are five tabs containing the user options. Configure tick boxes for options as required.
User Options Tab
There are four different User types to select from
- Standard – Full use of the software with any limitations imposed by the administrator.
- Client – A client user with access to their own record only. Requires the client portal module.
- Staff – A staff user with access to their own record only. Requires the staff portal module.
- Supplier – A supplier with access to their own record only. Requires the supplier portal module.
- User Type – as above
- User Name – Enter a username for the user. The username can only contain alphanumeric characters (A-Z and 0-9), and can also contain hyphens (–), underscores (_) or full stops (.) only. Characters other than these will cause an error.
- Full Name – Enter a full name for the user.
- Password – Enter an initial password for the user.
- Confirm password – Re-enter the initial password for the user.
- Email address – Email address of the user.
- Mobile – a mobile phone number for the user.
- Access Group – Allocate them to a user group selected from the drop-down list.
- Licence Type – Super user licence, Administrator licence or Read-only licence
Adding a Staff or Client User.
When you select either staff or client user type from the user drop down list you will be presented with a blank screen where you will need to search for the client or staff name. To search for all, then just leave the % sign in both the first and last name section and click Find.
Click on the name of the client or staff name to highlight it in blue and click Select. Mobile SOS Settings – Configuration for the SOS function with Bee. Note only applicable for Staff Users.
User Account Options
- Force password change at next login – Tick this to force the user to change the generic password upon their next login.
- User cannot change password – Tick to disable the user from changing their own password
- Password never expires – Tick to make the password so it never prompts for a change.
- Auto disabled – Ticked if too many login attempts are made using the wrong password
- Admin disabled – Tick to disable a user’s login.
- Ignore IP Addresses while logging in – Tick to bypass the IP address access restriction. Only applicable to Standard type users.
- Prevent graphical login – A new option is available for those interfacing Webroster.net with other software or webservices. Where a user login is required by the interface, a setting is available to stop the ‘interface user’ logging in as a standard user.
- Require Two Factor Authentication– tick if you want two step authentication user will be required to download the google Authenticator mobile App Google
- Force Change of Two Factor Authentication – tick to force change of authentication.
- Expire the user’s account on … – set a date and time to disable the user account automatically.
- Expire the users account on: Cancel Deactivation – remove the date and time to disable a user automatically.
User Booking Options
- User can create clashing bookings – You can give control to certain system users so that they may or may not be allowed to create a clashing booking. To give access, just tick the box.
- User can override booking time tolerance – You can give control to certain system users where access to the service plan has been given and you may or may not want them to override the tolerance of the booking. To give access, just tick the box.
- User cannot change booking duration – You can stop the user from reducing/increasing booking durations on the client/staff rosters. They will be able to edit the booking times but the duration of that booking will be fixed. To do this, just tick the box.
- User cannot ‘Verify All’ timesheets – You can stop the user from having access to the ‘verify all’ button on the staff and client timesheet screen. You would then be forcing the user to individually verify each timesheet entry. To do this, just tick the box.
- User cannot ‘Confirm All’ bookings – You can stop the user from having access to the ‘confirm all’ button on the staff unconfirmed bookings screen.
- User can delete clashing bookings – the user is permitted to delete clashing bookings
- User can choose to override insufficient travel warning for bookings – For each user there is an option to allow certain users to override insufficient travel warning for bookings which enabled if you are using Enhanced Travel. This is found on the User Booking Options Tab once you have selected a user
- Select Branches – Tick the boxes to add the user to selected branches – Note if certain areas are attached to branches the area will auto tick for the areas belonging to the selected branch
- Select Areas – Tick the boxes to add the user to selected areas.
Note: Access areas do not apply to client or staff logins as they will only see their own record in Webroster.net. Sentinel and SMS options are not available for Staff and Client users.
User System Permissions
- Sentinel Settings Access – Only Available if Time & Attendance module is purchased Tick the options to receive email/SMS alerts and override the email times and recorded real times.
- Notified on new online candidate – This enables the user to receive notifications when prospective staff apply using the online application function.
- Allow SMS Sending – This enables the user to send SMS messages using Webroster.net. Only available if you have signed up to our SMS service.
- Allow Bee message and enquiry sending – Allow the user to send messages and booking enquiries to staff using Bee.
- User can approve sale orders – You can enable the user to approve sales quotes.
- Prevent user from changing delivery email address for reports and exports – Tick if you wish to prevent the user from changing the destination email for reports and exports.
- User can anonymise acc payee, client and staff records–
- Allow ACP link workplan functionality – Only visible with Access Care Planning integration
- User can access Timesheet Extract – Enables the user access to generate the timesheet data extract within the global section.
- User cannot view Timesheet Verification History – Disable the user from viewing the timesheet verification history. This requires the History module to be enabled
- Verify Timesheets for Invoice – Disable the user from verify timesheet for invoicing
- Verify Timesheets for Payroll – Disable the user from verify timesheet for payroll
Right Hand side User Permission Options
- User can override holiday break pay – You can enable the user to enter break pay.
- User can access Private Extras – Enable the user to be able to view all private extras.
- User can access Private Staff Extras – the user can view private staff extras
- User can access Private Client Extras – the user can view private client extras
- User can access Private Client Group Extras – the user can view private client group extras
- Disable Roster quick link icons – Tick to disable the use of the quick link icons on the roster for this user – Note only applicable for Staff type users.
- User can change Service Plan end date – tick to allow the user to change the service plan end date (if restriction exists in the External Provider module)
- Supervisor Type – Tick if you wish to enable the user as a Non-Primary and/or Primary Supervisor. Note you must first tick supervisor, then save and then choose non-primary or primary.
- Access to Modules – If purchased allows the user access additional Webroster.net modules. For example, access for document management, the history buttons (if the history module has been purchased), the staff portal, Earlypay and Bee. If Earlypay is active on your system, then standard users will need access to EarlyPay to view and enable staff Earlypay. Staff / client / supplier user accounts do NOT need access to Earlypay
Click Save Changes.
Note: If you enable a user to have Sentinel access then that user’s Webroster.net session will not time out with the 20-minute timer when idle – but will overnight be logged out during the database clean up processes. This may be considered a security concern. However, if a non-sentinel enabled user closes the browser window without logging off then the 20-minute session timeout will be initiated meaning that the user licence will be freed up after 20 minutes. Logging off correctly always frees the user licence immediately.
Access Periods – Tick the boxes to add one or more access periods to restrict when that user can access Webroster.net. This is only applicable to standard type Users
Note: User1 cannot be allocated access periods. However, user1 access does get restricted when IP addresses restrictions have been configured.
You can add a note to each user account you create, click on notes tab type your note into the free text box and click save at the bottom of the screen highlighted in green.
To add supervisor enables users to all staff in the corresponding area go to Setup then choose Users from the drop-down list.
Click the Supervisors button.
You then get a list of users to add. Tick which user(s) to add as primary and/or nonprimary users and click Assign.
You can use a saved search to produce a list of users to add as supervisors. Note: Only users that do not have % as an area in their setup can be added in this way.
Click Unassigned to remove the selected users from the corresponding staff members.
Note: Adding users as supervisors on a staff contract could prevent other users from seeing that staff member at all.
These are the central licence management pages for users. They provide an overview of standard and staff/Bee users and allow the licence type to be changed for standard users and the Bee licence to be added or removed from staff users.
Users with standard licences types can be viewed and the licence type changed
Show Licence Type – Tick the boxes to show the users who have the type in the list below.
Filter by Staff Name – key all or part of the staff name with % to view a smaller selection of staff. Click on Search
Show Disabled – Include disabled staff logins in the list
Click on the edit symbol to change a user’s licence type.
Click on the Save symbol .
Bee Licence Management
Users with staff licences types can be viewed and access to the Bee module updated.
Filter by Staff Name – key all or part of the staff name with % as a wildcard to view a smaller selection of staff. Click on Search
- Show Licenced – Include staff users with the Bee module ticked
- Show Unlicenced – Include staff users with the Bee module unticked
Click on the edit symbol to tick/untick a staff user’s Bee module access.
Click on the Save symbol .