Changing Browser Language
Sometimes, either after initial installation or a browser update, the currency symbols and
date format can be shown in American format. Most noticeable because the browser is
showing $ instead of £. This is not a setting in Webroster it is a PC/browser setting.
Internet explorer 11
To change the language settings for internet explorer follow these steps
- Open internet explorer
- Click the options symbol located in the top right-hand corner of the browser.
- Click the option ‘Internet Options’
- The following window should appear.
- In there click languages highlighted above.
- The following window should pop up.
- Click the set language preferences highlighted above.
- A new window should appear.
- By default English will be set, click ‘Add’
- Locate English UK and then click ‘add’ again.
- Drag that to the top.
- Highlight ‘English’ then click the remove button
- Close the options down, log out of Webroster.net and close the browser down.
The language should now be set to English United Kingdom with the correct date format and currency.
- Search for “Control Panel” in the Windows Search Bar (bottom left hand corner of the screen)
- Click on the Control Panel Desktop app result at the top of search results
- Under Clock, Language, and Region heading, click Add a language
- Now click Add a language button
- Scroll through and choose English (United Kingdom)
- Now select your chosen language, then click the Move up button until it’s at the top
- Highlight any languages you do not need then press the remove button. Your
language settings once completed should look like the below image.
- Close the Control Panel window
- Restart your computer
- Select tools in the top right hand corner.
- Select options highlighted in picture below.
- Click the button Content.
- In the language section click choose.
- Select a language to add – English/United Kingdom
- Remove any languages you don’t need like the screen below.
- Click OK and close the browser and re-open it again.
- At the top-right, click 3 dots in the top right hand corner Then the setting button.
- At the bottom, click Advanced at the bottom of the screen
- Under Languages section please ensure English united kingdom is selected as shown in the example below.
- If the language does not appear click add language and find it in the list provided.
- Log out of Webroster.net, close the browser and re-open it and log into Webroster.