This release includes support for Busy Travel Times in our Optimiser module and updated holiday suggested pay calculations in line with new legislation.
There will be a scheduled downtime of Webroster.net services to roll out Webroster.net version 4.6.0. The exact time and duration of this downtime will be communicated closer to the release.
The new release of Webroster.net will include:
- Optimiser Busy Travel Times: This allows you to profile busy travel times, such as morning rush hour, and extend the journey time appropriately when optimising your rosters.
- Holiday Pay Calculation Change: This gives improved calculations of suggested holiday payments and allows for a custom time period to calculate the amount from.
Optimiser Busy Travel Times:
By popular demand, a new setting has been added to Optimiser which allows you to automatically adjust calculated travel time when optimising your rosters. You can profile busy travel times such as rush hour, or quiet times such as the early hours of the morning, with a travel time multiplier which will be automatically applied to the calculated times.
Multiple time periods can be set up for the day, and Optimiser also accounts for a ‘ramp up’ period where traffic starts to get worse or better. For example, you could set up a rush hour between 08:00 and 09:00 where travel time is twice the usual amount. Optimiser will then start to increase travel time calculations approaching 08:00, double travel time until 09:00, then decrease back down to normal traffic and travel.
Holiday Pay Calculation Change:
When adding a holiday break to a staff roster in Webroster.net you are given the ability to calculate a suggested holiday pay value to be used on their next payroll. Currently this is set to work out an average hourly or daily rate based on the staff members’ pay over the previous 12 calendar weeks. Following this release, the following changes to the calculated value will apply;
- The hourly or daily rate will be calculated from previous weeks where a positive pay amount was achieved. For example, if a staff did not do any paid work for the company for 2 weeks out of the previous 12, then calculation will go back additional weeks until it can find the another 2 weeks of pay to be used in the average. Where a staff has not been working long enough for 12 weeks, the calculation will use the average for the number of weeks it could find.
- The number of weeks to consider for the calculation can be changed and we be defined in Setup > Finance > Finance Default Settings. On upgrade, the default of 12 weeks will be retained.
Please note: the legal minimum will be changing to 52 weeks as of April 2020 and you should amend your setup for this date.
General Fixes and Features:
- By popular demand, it is possible to send a Bee, Email or SMS message to staff directly from Alerts.
- At your request, the date and time columns have been adjusted in Reconciliation for readability.
- Historic alerts will now be automatically actioned by the system after 14 days.
- You can now set up longer variance codes in Setup > Time and Attendance > ECM Profile.
- Client Only timesheets will no longer imply they were verified for payroll in Timesheet Extract.
- Quickly and easily copy your Webservices API key by scanning the QR code added to the page.
- Optimiser will now correctly calculate the “Max Contract Hours” statistic.
- Changes to a branch location, telephone or fax number will now save every time.
- Moving a visit to clash with a client break will now correctly warn and delete the booking.
- The Actual or Real times option in the timesheets table will be correctly retained when changing which page of the table you are viewing.
If you experience any issues following the release of Webroster.net 4.6.0 please contact the Webroster Customer Support Team, who are available from 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays, on 01733 516 030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.